Twitter is a platform for conversation, engagement, and real-time events. Creators play a unique role on Twitter compared to other, more visual platforms. Let’s review how creators can play their part on Twitter and find their voice to collaborate with awesome brands.
Your Twitter Profile
- Check out the Twitter rules for safety so that your profile is compliant and ready to collaborate with brands
- Twitter is a platform to form relationships and find your niche audience, so be authentic, open and honest
- Know your Twitter following and find what type of content they like to see best
Stay Consistent and Relevant
- Like, Retweet, Tweet, and reply to tweets to form relationships and grow your following
- Get creative with Twitter polls - gauge how your Twitter followers feel on certain topics
- Use the Twitter search tool to find trending topics happening in the world at that time, along with high profile sports and entertainment news. Use these trending hashtags or topics within your tweets to reach a greater audience.
- Be a conversation starter with your Tweets and replies
- Encourage engagement with your followers, ask others to share their ideas and photos with you
- Visual tweets (Photos/Videos/Gifs) usually perform best as they can be more entertaining and engaging
- Use captions in videos for people that cannot play sound when scrolling through their feed
- Show off your behind the scenes and before and after shots to show your authenticity and real-time content
- Be in the know on “Hot Topics” on Twitter - join the convo!
- Use threads to create background or to keep the conversation going
- Pro tip: make sure each tweet can be read and used on it’s own so that people can retweet any one of the thread Tweets and it will still make sense
Twitter Tools and Features
- Use Twitter Lists to organize and prioritize tweets in your feed to stay on top of topics in your niche
- Follow Twitter Topics to form your feed into topics you want to see and be a part of daily
- Use Twitter Analytics to measure your tweets’ performance and show brands how well you can reach their target audience
- Manage your Twitter content in the Media Studio for easy organization