TLDR; no, not yet. Keep reading for solutions that can help you out in the meantime! 🤓
Contracts via Threads
When working with a Creator via Threads, it's important to understand the way we handle contracting on the platform, since it isn't applicable to work that is carried out via Threads. Each creative brief that is launched on the platform acts as a contract between the Brand that launched it and the Creators that applied to it (and were accepted into the campaign). Since you're working in Threads, there isn't a creative brief to act as a legal contract. You'll need to manage that on your own. Here are our suggestions for seamless Creator contracting:
- Send them a creative brief via Threads, using the attachment feature. Here's our generic creative brief template that you can use as a starting point. Add your own legal to the bottom (to cover things like usage rights/rights to repurpose content) and you're all set!
- Already have a legal contract that you've used in the past for influencer/content creator agreements? Feel free to send that using the attachment feature.
- Launch a campaign - you can set a campaign live, limiting the pool of Creators who can see and apply to the campaign to the one Creator with who you are hoping to contract, and invite them to apply. Contract, covered (and payment too)! 📝
Note: All Creators on the platform are required to agree to our Terms of Service when signing up.
Payments via Threads
If you work with a Creator via Threads to create content, be sure to discuss payment amount and payment method in the contracting phase. This can be as informal as a written agreement or as formal as exchanging a signed contract (using the attachment feature in Threads). After you've agreed upon a payment amount, next up is figuring out how to pay a Creator. Here are our suggestions for seamless Creator payments:
- PayPal - our Creator community has the choice of receiving payment via PayPal or direct deposit, so many Creators are used to this option already.
- Launch a campaign - don't want to send an off-platform payment? No problem! Set up a creative brief, limiting the pool of Creators who can see and apply to the campaign to the one Creator who you are hoping to pay, and invite them to apply. We'll handle the payment on your behalf. 💸